The Diablo Canyon Independent Safety Committee will be meeting on Wednesday and Thursday, June 22 and 23. You may attend this meeting either remotely or in person.
Point San Luis Conference Room, Avila Lighthouse Suites (First and San Francisco Streets, Avila Beach, CA)
Of particular interest may be:
Wednesday evening session, XVIII, items 3 and 4:
- Overview of License Renewal Application and the Aging Management Plan Recently Submitted for the Independent Spent Fuel Storage Installation.
- Presentation by ORANO USA on Technical Details for New Spent Fuel Storage System Including Current Cask and Horizontal Storage Module Design Used Elsewhere, Changes Proposed for DCPP to Accommodate Heat Loads and Seismic Loads, Transfer Methodology, Aging Management Methodology, and Approach to Obtaining Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) Approvals.
Thursday morning session, XXIV, item 5
5. Presentation on the State of the Plant: including Key Events, Outages Including Forced Outage 1X24, Highlights, Organizational Changes, Status of Retention Programs, Recent Attrition and PG&E’s Voluntary Separation Program Initiative, COVID-19 Pandemic Response, December 2021 Inadvertent Boron Event, and Other Station Activities since the DCISC February 2022 Public Meeting.
Thursday afternoon session, XXIX, items 7, 8, 9
7. Quality Verification’s Perspective on Plant Performance, Top Issues, and the Quality Performance Assessment Report.
8. Engineering Department Update Including Current and Future Activities for Major Groups (Strategic, Tactical, Component, Design, Nuclear and Programs), Staffing and Turnover, and Major Project Activities.
9. Presentation by PG&E on Plans for Procurement of Spent Fuel Storage Canisters, Vendor Selection Results, and Schedules for Licensing, Cask Deliveries, and Spent Fuel Transfers.