The Diablo Canyon Decommissioning Engagement Panel, in cooperation with PG&E, will host an in-person and virtual public meeting on Wednesday, December 13, from 6:00pm – 9:00pm to discuss the current status of spent fuel storage at Diablo Canyon nuclear plant and recent efforts of communities throughout the country to explore solutions.
MOTHERS FOR PEACE WILL BE MAKING A PRESENTATION AT THIS MEETING REGARDING OUR POSITION ON HIGH LEVEL RADIOACTIVE WASTE STORAGE AT DIABLO CANYON.
Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Public Meeting: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Location: Katcho Achadjian Government Center, 1055 Monterey St., SLO
The following agenda topics will be discussed:
- Status of Spent Fuel Storage at DCPP
- Role of the Diablo Canyon Independent Safety Committee in the Oversight of Spent Fuel Storage
- Historical Context of Spent Fuel Storage at a National Level
- Spent Fuel Working Group’s Activities to Address Permanent and Interim Storage at a National Level
- Department of Energy’s Community Engagement for Consent-Based Siting for Interim Storage
- Spent Fuel Storage Issues and Concerns
- DCDEP Strategic Vision Update
Members of the public will also have the opportunity to offer pubic comment.